Ever since Cyprus’ formal accession to the European Union, on May 1st 2004, Cypriot law has been harmonized with the European acquis and as a result there have been significant amendments to the laws of the Republic of Cyprus.
Dimitris Michail & Associates LLC offers advice on all Competition Law issues and undertakes representation in all litigation proceedings before the Court and any proceedings held by the Commission for the Protection of Competition.
Our firm also undertakes all relevant proceedings, including the following:
- Merger control, including merger and acquisition clearances, market investigations, competition enquiries & monopoly cases
- Anti-competitive behaviour, such as anti-competitive agreements, cartel investigations and abuse of dominance
- State aid
- Representations before the competition authorities in Cyprus
- Competition litigation
- Community law developments
We also provide legal advice or assistance to clients on European Law issues, comprising inter alia:
- European competition law.
- Free movement of goods and financial restrictions on trade.
- Free movement of goods and quantitative restrictions on trade.
- Free movement of people & employees.
- Freedom of establishment & services.
- European decision-making and legislative procedures.
- Enforcement of European law and judicial protection.
- The supremacy & direct effect of European law.
- Internal effect of directives and the liability of member states.